Week in My Life 2012: Wednesday

by melissa on October 24, 2012 · 12 comments

Welcome to today’s link-up for Week in My Life 2012! The linky is below- just link to your post for Wednesday and you’re golden! Don’t forget to use the journaling handoutseveryday kid/parent handouts and daily images (like the one below) to help you along (optional of course).

Oh oh oh Wednesday. I give a big HELL NO to you. If you read yesterday’s evening saga, you’ll know that I mean. Today the sickness continued. Actually Big Roo was fine this morning but since he vomited so late in the evening yesterday I kept him home from school- his first absent day! I wanted to make sure he didn’t get sick after breakfast.

Daddy Roo was laid out with a massive headache, no doubt remnants of yesterday. My stomach was doing flips all morning and I generally felt queasy. Little Roo ended up having explosive diapers so he’s not on the up-and-up either. He actually missed a preschool field trip today– glad he’s too young to really know that because I feel bad about it!

We spent the morning laying around with aches of all sorts. While Big Roo’s tummy hurt (that’s as bad as he got today), I showed him the Toys R Us Big Book of Toys so he could circle things he wanted. I think he stopped at 60-something toys. Ha.

Little Roo wanted to walk around in my shoes. Okay. And that first picture is Little Roo trying to get his sick mama out of bed. While he didn’t say it today, he’ll often stand at the top of the stairs or beside my bed and say: “It’s a beautiful day! Time to get up!” Be still my heart– what 2 year old does that?!

After some up and down out of bed to feed the dog, get Little Roo some milk and so on, Daddy Roo and I curled our sick selves back in bed for a while. The kids joined us and stole our phones so they could play some games. I just love this shot.

I tell ya. Being sick parents with no one nearby to help us is pretty sucky. Luckily, Madagascar 3 saved the morning. Big Roo just LOVES the song Fireworks from Katy Perry– what kid doesn’t? But then he gets embarrassed, laughs and tells me to stop. I love that shot on the bottom right because you can see a smiling Big Roo picture behind him from 2.5 years ago. Little Roo also stayed busy sticking my Post-It flags on himself. Good thing I can use them again.

You know what the WORST part of the day was? THROWING UP AT THE GROCERY STORE. Being that Little Roo couldn’t drive to the store (he’s feeling the best), the task went to the least-sick one… at the time. I took the car shot to show you how THRILLED I was to do so. My stomach hurt so it was going to be a quick in/out for a handful of things. I went to the deli counter and ordered some meat, then looked up at her and said something like “Um, I’m feeling sick. I’ll be right back.”

I pushed the shopping cart as fast as I could and as I whizzed by the produce, I grabbed a produce bag without even slowing down.

Good thing I did. Once I got to the bathroom ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORE, I puked in the bag. Then the toilet. UGH.

I felt quite a bit better afterwards so grabbed a few things (including my walk of shame back to the deli counter) and headed home.

We managed to get lunch together but the kids were more interested being on the porch. They were apparently looking for God and arguing about where he was. (nevermind the lack of pants– he’d just pooped on the potty).

In looking for God, Little Roo said he was “right there!” then pointed to the table. He smacks his hand down and said “I smushed Him!” Um, sorry about that God.

Off and on I felt crummy so the kids stayed busy with things like their beloved Beyblades… and opening our mail. As the kids were playing Beyblades, Little Roo said this about Big Roo’s skills (yes I’m using his name!)…

“Noah’s wurning” (that’d be “learning”). “Good job Noah, you’re wurning.”

We finished the evening watching the some Game of Thrones and me writing this post. I’m actually going to bed early tonight (10 am is early for me!). Hoping I feel MUCH better in the morning!

Time to Link Up!

Let me see YOUR Wednesday and add your post to the mix. Then get to know one another by visiting some other posts and by using the hashtag #weekinmylife!

1 Kalyani October 24, 2012 at 10:06 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I had a stomach bug earlier this year and I threw up (in a bag) kneeling in the parking lot of a grocery store. Yeah, talk about embarrassing..Hope you all get well soon!

2 Nichole October 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I’ve thrown up in a public place twice, and they were both pregnancy pukes. Once was in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant, and the other was in the bathroom at Cracker Barrel. During the Cracker Barrel incident someone asked whether I was OK, and all I could choke out was: “Pregnant.” She said, “Oh, that’s what I thought!” and went away.

I hope tomorrow is better!
Nichole recently posted..On Tuesday I gave cupcakes to kids and was spoiled by my spouse

3 Michele C. October 24, 2012 at 11:17 pm

oh no!!!! I was so hoping you’d escape the pukes!!!! But man, what a story to tell (and maybe time to find a new grocery store….). UGH. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you all!
Michele C. recently posted..Week in My Life ~ Tuesday 10/23/12 #weekinmylife

4 Alissa | CleverCompass.com October 25, 2012 at 8:21 am

I am so sorry to hear that your whole family under the weather. What a bummer! Hope you are all feeling much better today. Love that you managed to get some great shots anyway.
Alissa | CleverCompass.com recently posted..Week In My Life 2012: Wednesday

5 Christy Knutson October 25, 2012 at 8:29 am

Oh Melissa my stomach hurts for you! So sorry you guys are dealing with this. Praying today is much better. I love the photo of Little Roo with no pants!
Christy Knutson recently posted..week in our life: wednesday

6 Jen L. October 25, 2012 at 9:20 am

Oh, bless your heart! The stomach bug is the WORST! Hope everyone is on the mend very soon.
Jen L. recently posted..A Week In My Life: Wednesday

7 Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer October 25, 2012 at 9:33 am

I am SO sorry to hear your entire family is fighting the crud. But wow, you still managed to capture some incredible moments. The looking for God montage melted my heart. Kids are awesome.

Hope today is a better day for all of you!!
Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer recently posted..Week In My Life: Wednesday

8 Erin Lane October 25, 2012 at 10:50 am

Dude. I thought my yesterday sucked. But I guess you win. Barfing always wins. We just have ear infection and runny noses here. But I didn’t manage to post at all, so I’m impressed by you.
Erin Lane recently posted..Week in My Life: Tuesday’s Gone

9 Sarah @ TM2TS October 25, 2012 at 11:19 am

Ugh! I hope y’all are feeling better today! That just sounds AWFUL!
I know what you mean about being sick and no one around to help.

Your kids are adorable, and don’t look worse for wear, which is a good thing!
Sarah @ TM2TS recently posted..A Week in My Life: Wednesday

10 Jamie@SouthMainMuse October 25, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Good grief. You poor woman. Hopefully, it was just a 24 hour bug and you are feeling better now. If it’s any consolation, you look like you are taken care of sum bidness behind the driver’s seat. You children are darling — even sickly.
Jamie@SouthMainMuse recently posted..Should I Save Her? Time Blow(s) Away at Midlife.

11 melissa October 25, 2012 at 6:20 pm

OMG! I hope you feel better today!! Stomach bugs are literally the worst. Last January, I was out of work with one for a week. Talk about miserable. Thank goodness my little guy didn’t get it. I don’t even know what I would do.
melissa recently posted..Week In My Life: A day in the life of a financial aid officer

12 KeAnne October 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I still remember with horror the stomach virus that marched through my household over the summer. OMG vomit! Awful, awful, awful. I hope your family feels better very soon.
KeAnne recently posted..Week in My Life 2012: Wednesday