Notice: Undefined index: plus_sharedcount_enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar_sharedcount_enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
You asked for it. I’m bringing it back!
The life-capturing starts October 22 so get ready.
As you all know, Adventuroo has gotten the short end of the stick lately. Momcomm‘s Content Brew course has become a success and I’ve spent lots of time working on things coming next over there. I’m also now working 20 hours a week at Burt’s Bees as their Community Manager. Add daily life and responsibilities on top and it simply boils down to a lack of time.
But I had a few people ask me if I was going to host Week in My Life this year. I hesitated at first. But then, started thinking. I want to document my children’s lives. MY life. Daddy Roo’s life. We go about the day to day and next thing we know, our patterns, routines and so much else shifts.
This was from my first WIML post:
And this from last year’s:
I know this year we’ve added my part-time job, kindergarten and other busy busy things. Our living room also looks completely different (I hated that couch). I said this last year and I’ll say it again:
I know you want to remember these big and little moments too… before they are just fuzzy memories with no pictures or words to spring them back to life.
So let’s do this thing!
Why You Should Capture Your Life, Too (Even If It’s Just for a Day)
I really REALLY want you to do this. Not for me but for YOU! It’s a lot of work but the reward is that you’ll have a slice of your daily life that you can show to your children as they get older (and can look back on yourself when you’re feeling sentimental).
A few things you should know:
- Don’t feel like you have to document a full week if it sounds like too much. Even a day will capture a slice of your everyday life.
- This is for you so don’t feel like you have to post every single thing you did that day. Publish as much or as little as you’d like for public consumption and then keep the rest for your own memory keeping.
- Let go of the idea that each shot should be free of clutter (like clothes hampers, toys, etc). THAT’S life, right? Embrace the perfect and not-so-perfect surroundings of your life.
- If you already have reviews, giveaways, guest posts or other things planned next week, no worries! Just participicate the days you can (you can even combine multiple days into a post if you want).
- What if you don’t typically blog about yourself or your family? Turn this into a series around a topic you DO write about: ex. food- series on what your family eats each day, ex. green living- how you live green in daily life and challenges you come across, ex. budget living- how you still to a budget for a week, etc. etc.
How It Works
Week in My Life will run from Monday, October 22 to Sunday, October 28. Each day, I want you to record your life through pictures, words and maybe even some video. The morning after, publish your post highlighting the day before. So on Tuesday, you publish Monday’s day and so on. If you tweet, we’ll be using the hashtag #weekinmylife.
Each day there will be a linky so you can link up your posts.
You don’t need many supplies but here’s what I’ll be using:
- Remote control for my camera (I’ll use my self-timer too)
- Notebook and Pen
- iPhone to record videos, take notes, take pics when my camera isn’t within easy reach
- A checklist of things I want to be sure to document
Printables Coming Soon!
This year, I’m adding some extra awesome. Before WIML starts, I’ll post some printables for you to use during Week in My Life. There will be journaling sheets for each day as well as some extra ones I think you’ll like. Can’t wait to share them with you (um, can’t wait to finish creating them either- ha).
Week in My Life Q & A
Do I need to commit to the entire week?
Absolutely not! You may already have a giveaway or guest post planned… or you may just not want document your life for a FULL week. No problem! You can document the full week, one weekday combined with the weekend, a day or even just a routine within a day! It’s up to you and whatever you’re up for.
What if my routine is the same every day?
I think very few of us have a COMPLETELY different day seven days in a row so they’ll be some of the same things going on each day. You don’t need to document your day from morning to night if you don’t want. If your morning routine is about the same each weekend, just document it on one day. Maybe the next day you capture the evening routine and so on.
In addition, you may go crazy if you time lapse a full day (i.e. at 8:00 we did this, 8:12 we did this) so pick a different part of the day to do.
I’m not sure what my family will think.
Have you ever been to a wedding where you hardly notice the photographer because he/she is so discreet? Be like that. Be non-chalant. Capture your family AS THEY ARE. They’ll probably like it better because you aren’t asking them to pose and say cheese all the time! 🙂
How much do I have to blog about?
Girl, as much or as little as you want! For me, this year is insanely busy. I’ll probably only post a few highlights and save the rest just for myself. Feel free to post all of it. Just a little. Or even just share a moment that really captures this time in your life. Up to you.
Can I see what a Week in My Life post looks like?
Why surely. Take a peek at the category page to see ALL the Week in My Life posts from 2011 and 2010. Amazing how things change.
So tell me… are ya in?