Five and Two Years Ago

by melissa on February 23, 2012 · 15 comments

Five years ago…

• I became a mother for the first time.
  • Big Roo entered this world exactly on his due date.
  • And Daddy Roo and I entered the world of parenthood.

Two years ago…

• I was 38 weeks pregnant with Little Roo.
  • And at 3 in the morning my water broke.
  • Little Roo became big brother’s birthday present.

Two brothers with the same birthday.

We’re talking about a three year and four hour age difference (with the time difference since Big Roo was born in Arizona and Little Roo in North Carolina).

I don’t know if they’ll ever get how special it is to have the same birthday because that’s all they’ll ever know.

What I do know is that they are beautiful and brilliant and downright hysterical little guys. They never cease to surprise me.

Happy birthday, my Roos!

1 Jocelyn | ScooterMarie February 23, 2012 at 1:01 pm

So cool. Happy birthday(s), Roos!!
Jocelyn | ScooterMarie recently posted..Lil ol’ me, a Hall of Famer!

2 David February 23, 2012 at 1:52 pm

That’s so cool both your kids share the same birthday. My wife and son (9 months old) share the same birth — and that was a pretty exciting day when she gave birth. The best gift she could have ever asked for.

3 Ann February 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Happy Birthday Roo Boys!
Ann recently posted..MCP Project 12 – Leap

4 Venassa February 23, 2012 at 2:52 pm

That’s pretty cool. I’m sure they’ll have some busy birthday parties in the next few years. Happy birthday to your boys!
Venassa recently posted..5 Random Thoughts

5 Bridget February 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Happy Birthday to your sweet little guys!
Bridget recently posted..Driving Deaf

6 Leigh Powell Hines (@Hinessightblog) February 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Wow, the same birthday. That’s neat. Happy Birthday to them. It’s funny that my husband and I had this conversation, but if you really start to look around or ask people, a lot of siblings are born either the same month or a month or two apart. It could be years between them, but it just shows that some women are really only fertile at certain times which makes getting pregnant at that time easier.

My husband’s sister was March, and he is May. My kids are Nov. and Dec. A friend of mine has two September babies. Another friend of mine has a Feb. 28 and March 21. I find it interesting.
Leigh Powell Hines (@Hinessightblog) recently posted..Why a Leotard is a Royal Pain in My Prissy Crown

7 Jessica February 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm

That’s amazing that they have the same birth dates. Happy Birthday Big Roo and Little Roo!

8 Amy February 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm

How absolutely sweet! I have two boys 5 and (almost) 2 also and they are the light of my life. It’s so fun seeing them playing together more now that my little one is older.

I’ve been reading a lot of your advice over on Mom Comm and just want to thank you so much! I’ve focused so much on my content and now I need to focus on the more serious aspects.

Happy to meet you here too!

9 Mandy February 25, 2012 at 9:37 am

Wow! What are the odds of that? They are precious!
Mandy recently posted..Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter

10 Katie E February 27, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Very cool – happy belated birthday to your boys!
Katie E recently posted..Questions and Answers

11 Stephanie aka scattermom February 28, 2012 at 8:35 am

Having the same birthday is infinitely better than, say, the youngest’s birthday occurring 6 days before the oldest’s.

Trust. Me.

And Happy Birthday!
Stephanie aka scattermom recently posted..No Calzone, NO

12 Rachael February 28, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Happy Birthday to the Roos! My boys are 4 years apart, only 8 days between their birthdays. I think maybe Stephanie was right, when they get older we’re going to have to make some choices about crazy birthday madness or lots of bday parties in one month. My husband’s is the day after my youngest sons too!

13 Jessica March 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm

How cool that they have the same birthday. And I thought it was neat that mine were all born on the 9th of different months.
Hope they had a great birthday!
Jessica recently posted..Faces