A Mario Brothers Halloween

by melissa on November 2, 2011 · 14 comments

Pin It

I haven’t dressed up in years.

But since Big Roo insisted on being Mario this year, I thought we’d go all out and dress up as a family (although we almost didn’t). Presenting Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Toad…

Mario Luigi Princess Peach and Toad Costume

The reason we almost didn’t all dress up is because I didn’t think Daddy Roo and I could find the stuff to pull ours off. We decided we’d go to ONE Goodwill and see what we could dig up. Score! I found a pink dress and a sleeveless t-shirt to make Little Roo’s vest. Daddy Roo couldn’t find any overalls (who really wants men’s overalls anyway) so we ended up buying his. Aren’t they a cute match?

Mario and Luigi Costume

The day of our Halloween parade Little Roo did NOT want to wear his shower-cap-turned-mushroom hat. But on Halloween he was totally down with it.
Mario and Toad Costume

And I made the little blue medallion from chipboard, paint and Diamond Glaze. The wig and gloves came from Target. I tell ya what, the “Glamour Girl” wig kept me warm outside.

Mario and Princess Peach Costume

My little Toad and Mario…

Toad and Mario Costume

You can find the awesome Mario and Luigi costumes on HalloweenCostumes.com. They even have Toad and Princess Peach costumes if you’re not up for DIYing it!

(This post contains affiliate links.)

1 Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal November 2, 2011 at 11:10 am

Love it! Y’all made an awesome Mario family! All of the costumes are fab!
Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal recently posted..Tide-To-Go Giveaway Winners!

2 Cascia November 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Beautiful photography! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Cascia recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Halloween Cuties

3 Stephanie November 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm

So adorable!!
Stephanie recently posted..Now who is obsessed?!?

4 e November 2, 2011 at 3:20 pm

You guys are so adorable. I love the picture of Big Roo and Daddy Roo!! This is simply awesome!!!

5 pearlsandpolish November 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm

The shower cap is AWESOME!!
pearlsandpolish recently posted..Wordless Wednesdays: Sweet Baby Jesus!

6 Rachael November 3, 2011 at 1:09 am

You guys look awesome, I LOVE the Toad outfit! I might try themed costumes next year.
Rachael recently posted..Writer’s Workshop: I can’t understand the world

7 Eve November 3, 2011 at 9:24 am

You guys are too cute! I love that you all dressed up. Hubby and I talked about it but never got around to making our costumes. There’s always next year!

Great job on making your’s and Little Roo’s costume!

8 janmary, N Ireland November 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Well done you for getting involved!

Now my daughters are older I think they would curl up with embarrassment if I suggested matching outfits, so enjoy it while you can :)

9 Shana D November 3, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I love it! You guys look great
Shana D recently posted..Finding hidden treasures in your drafts folder

10 Jessica November 4, 2011 at 7:02 am

What an awesome idea, love the family theme. I managed to get the kids in theme but not my husband and I. Thanks for linking up!
Jessica recently posted..Gratitude

11 Sharon at Momof6 November 4, 2011 at 9:04 am

I am totally LOVING the Mario Bros costumes! I wish that I could have convinced my crew to go as one theme…. maybe next year!
Sharon at Momof6 recently posted..One Tough Weekend…. And It’s Not Over…

12 Alissa November 4, 2011 at 9:25 am

This is so stinkin’ cute. There has to be a contest somewhere where you guys can win millions of dollars and fabulous prizes. Love it!
Alissa recently posted..Pay It Forward {Day 3/Year 2}