Notice: Undefined index: plus_sharedcount_enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar_sharedcount_enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
I can’t believe Week in My Life is over!
Let me start by saying it’s been an honor to have you share your lives with me and others this past week. I was blown away by the reponse to the call to document your lives. My goal was to leave at least one comment on your blog last week (I visited many more of your posts too) and as I read through the posts, I was struck by how much we all really have in common:
- We’re trying to balance life with work (whether it’s housework, blogging work, office work or any other work)
- We’re trying to put decent meals on the table (but that sometimes take-out wins)
- And we’re trying to get to the bottom of the laundry basket (my pile from one of my pics is gone… but more grew in its place!)
So in wrapping up the week, I thought I’d share some of my thoughts, announce the winner and give you some ideas of what to do with all that stuff you captured!
Cheeky Lime Camera Bag Winner
As you are surely aware, each time you linked up last week you were entered into win a beautiful Cheeky Lime camera bag thanks to last week’s sponsor ThisLife.
Do you want to know how many posts you all wrote? 227. Add that with mine and you have 234 posts of documenting the everyday aspects of our lives.
So, using random.org, I drew a winner. And the winner of the Cheeky Lime camera bag is… Kacey from The Well-Rounded Home! It was her Thursday post that was the lucky number! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you should. It’s full of awesome.
I’m so grateful to have ThisLife sponsoring the week and giving away that really cool camera bag. Don’t forget to sign up for the ThisLife beta if you haven’t yet (you just enter an email address so you’re done in seconds).
What Do You Do with All This Week in My Life Stuff?
So Week in My Life is over. You’re exhausted; I’m exhausted. So what do you do now? Three things (in no particular order):
1. Create a Memory Book
If you’re up for more work, here are a few for you (just take a breather first- you deserve it!):
- Use a site like Blurb to create a book of your week’s blog posts. (Start with BookSmart app, choose “New Book” then Blog Slurper. Gotta love anything called Blog Slurper!)
- Put everything in a printed photobook from somewhere like Shutterfly. You can add pictures and type in all those moments you made a note of.
- Print your pictures then put everything into a traditional album or binder. Depending on the size of album, you can also add page protectors to slide your notes and momentos into the book.
Remember to write down everyone’s ages, the dates and even where you lived. You’d be surprised how soon you’ll forget.
2. Remember that Mundane is Magical, Too
I saw a lot of people worried that their life was too boring. However, I think a lot of you started to realize that mundane IS magical. These moments make up the majority of our lives! There’s beauty in reading your child a book. There’s (domestic) adventure in heading to Target. There’s magic in the pieces of technology we have today.
Your life isn’t boring. In fact, I don’t know about you but I’d much rather have my boring life than the “glamorous” life of a celebrity.
I typically jot down milestones and funny quotes but I’ve gotten so caught up in work lately that I’ve slacked. This last week reminded me to keep doing that from time to time.
3. Most Importantly… Learn from It.
I really hope the point of this past week wasn’t lost on anyone. It was less about showing others how you live and more about showing yourself. While it’s kind of ironic to be stuck behind a camera for a week to capture how you live, it’s also like a documentary of sorts. When you look at the words and pictures you captured last week, what were your thoughts about the week you just had? What were you taking for granted about your life? What did you see that you want to change? What moments are you so thrilled to have caught with a lens?
This week I captured:
- Beautiful moments of brotherly fun that I would have otherwise forgotten about.
- Hilarious things Big Roo says that I wouldn’t be able to remember after a few days.
- The extraordinarily crazy that goes on with two boys in the house.
I also learned a few things about myself:
- I spend way too much time working at night. Even without these posts, I would have stayed up late doing other stuff. Yes, I need to earn a living but I need to “do nothing” more too.
- I am way, way, way grateful to have such healthy and precious children.
- I need to make time to exercise more (my step class and practicing was really the only workout I’ve gotten this month besides walking with the family).
- My hubby and I don’t do enough together. Sure we watch TV but I think we can spare some more time to spend together that doesn’t involve tv or errand-running.
- That I still need to work on patience.
So as you reflect back on your week, what did you learn about yourself or your life? Since I heard a good bit of you were writing recap/reflection posts, I added another linky. If you added your final thoughts on your last daily post, feel free to link them up again here.
And of course, I’d love any feedback regarding the week. I wanted you to document your week in whatever way worked best for you so I kept guidelines to a minimum. Will we do it again next year? Perhaps but I may change it up so it’s not so overwhelming to both document AND post. I’m open to any comments and suggestions!
Again, thanks for an incredible week. You guys worked so hard and I hope you captured some amazing memories.