Notice: Undefined index: plus-sharedcount-enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar-sharedcount-enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
It’s coming! I’ve hinted around here and there about this. Last year, I captured an ENTIRE week in my life. And looking back on my posts, it just about makes me cry because of how different life is now. In just one year (okay a year and a few months), our ins and outs of daily life are drastically different.
Like this picture from July 2010:
But THIS is why I want to document my life for one week each year. And why I want YOU to join me.
Because I know you want to remember these big and little moments too… before they are just fuzzy memories with no pictures or words to spring them back to life.
Why You Should Capture Your Life, Too (Even If It’s Just for a Day)
I really REALLY want you to do this. Not for me but for YOU! It’s a lot of work but the reward is that you’ll have a slice of your daily life that you can show to your children as they get older (and can look back on yourself when you’re feeling sentimental).
A few things you should know:
- Don’t feel like you have to document a full week if it sounds like too much. Even a day will capture a slice of your everyday life.
- This is for you so don’t feel like you have to post every single thing you did that day. Publish as much or as little as you’d like for public consumption and then keep the rest for your own memory keeping.
- Let go of the idea that each shot should be free of clutter (like clothes hampers, toys, etc). THAT’S life, right? Embrace the perfect and not-so-perfect surroundings of your life.
- If you already have reviews, giveaways, guest posts or other things planned next week, no worries! Just participicate the days you can (you can even combine multiple days into a post if you want).
- What if you don’t typically blog about yourself or your family? Turn this into a series around a topic you DO write about: ex. food- series on what your family eats each day, ex. green living- how you live green in daily life and challenges you come across, ex. budget living- how you still to a budget for a week, etc. etc.
- If you’re unsure what sorts of things you should capture, I’ll be posting some ideas for you on Friday!
How It Works
Week in My Life will run from Monday, October 10 to Sunday, October 16. Each day, I want you to record your life through pictures, words and maybe even some video. The morning after, publish your post highlighting the day before. So on Tuesday, you publish Monday’s day and so on. If you tweet, we’ll be using the hashtag #weekinmylife.
Each day there will be a linky so you can link up your posts. (Linking up will also double as an entry in a giveaway for something really cool– oh wait, did I spill the beans? Stay tuned.)
You don’t need many supplies but here’s what I’ll be using next week:
- Remote control for my camera (I’ll use my self-timer too)
- Notebook and Pen
- iPhone to record videos, take notes, take pics when my camera isn’t within easy reach
- A checklist of things I want to be sure to document (stay tuned for Friday’s post for some ideas)
But Wait! There’s More!
Oh yes, it’s gonna be awesome around here (and elsewhere) next week. Week in My Life is being sponsored by ThisLife, a really cool application that pulls in your memories from your computer, Instagram, Facebook and more. I’ll be guest posting over at their blog, co-hosting a Twitter party, doing a cool giveaway and providing you with more awesome ideas to capture a week in YOUR life.
Okay, my friends, I’d love for you to do two things:
- Leave a comment if you think you’ll be participating in some way, shape or form next week. Also feel free to ask any questions about Week in My Life.
- Head over to ThisLife and simply enter your email to register for an invite for their beta. Invites will be going out in the coming weeks but it’s worth the wait!