Notice: Undefined index: plus-sharedcount-enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar-sharedcount-enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
When I hit publish on Wednesday I had no idea what response I was going to get. You guys BLEW ME AWAY. Seriously.
Now I’m even more stoked about Week in My Life since so many of you are giving it a go, too! (If you missed what’s happening around here next week, check out my Week in My Life post.)
THIS post is jam-packed with information and ideas so be sure to read to the end. Let’s get to it.
Week in My Life Q & A
You had some questions for me so I thought I’d answer them for everyone.
Do I need to commit to the entire week?
Absolutely not! You may already have a giveaway or guest post planned… or you may just not want document your life for a FULL week. No problem! You can document the full week, one weekday combined with the weekend, a day or even just a routine within a day! It’s up to you and whatever you’re up for.
What if my routine is the same every day?
I think very few of us have a COMPLETELY different day seven days in a row so they’ll be some of the same things going on each day. You don’t need to document your day from morning to night if you don’t want. If your morning routine is about the same each weekend, just document it on one day. Maybe the next day you capture the evening routine and so on.
In addition, you may go crazy if you time lapse a full day (i.e. at 8:00 we did this, 8:12 we did this) so pick a different part of the day to do. Last year, I time lapsed our dinner. While it’s crazy to sit there and write down what’s going on as we ate, I love reading it because it highlights the craziness of dinnertime with two boys under 4. It’ll have me laughing for years to come.
I’m not sure what my family will think.
Have you ever been to a wedding where you hardly notice the photographer because he/she is so discreet? Be like that. Be non-chalant. Capture your family AS THEY ARE. They’ll probably like it better because you aren’t asking them to pose and say cheese all the time! 🙂
Is there an official hashtag?
Okay, I lied. No one asked this but I’ll tell you anyway. Yes, there is! Use and follow #weekinmylife so find new friends and get a peek into their lives. Sweet.
What sorts of things should I document about our lives?
Aaah, I’ve got you covered. Read to the end for lots of awesome ideas.
As I hinted at earlier this week, Week in My Life is being sponsored by ThisLife, a really cool app I’ll tell you more about on Monday.
ThisLife has awesomely donated a BEAUTIFUL camera bag from Cheeky Lime for me to give away next week! You can pick either color. If you win, I’m jealous of you. Very.
If you don’t have a DSLR camera, you can: store your point-and-shoot, video camera and other electronics in here OR use this as a perfect way to convince your significant other that now is the time to upgrade, baby!
To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is link up your post to any day during the Week in My Life Project. If you do all seven days? You get seven entries! Just a few more “rules”:
- You’ve gotta link your post using the linky that’s provided each day (if you’ve never used one before, no worries- it’s easy!)
- Your post must be a true Week in My Life post (so a one-picture Wordless Wednesday post won’t fly)
- Your post should have a link back to Adventuroo
Easy peasy, right? I won’t make you stand on your head, dance around in circles and tweet a link fifty times to win. Just capture memories, girl. Capture those memories.
Winner will be announced next week after Week in My Life is over.
Things You Can Document about Your Week
Now that your questions have been answered and you’re drooling over a camera bag, let’s get to some ideas, shall we?
Here are a ton of ideas of things you can document about your life both in pictures and words (remember you can always capture some things just for yourself and not blog about them):
- Weekend morning
- Before or after sports
- Before or after church
- Doing homework
- Preparing lunches
- Preparing dinner
- Playing with toys
- Surfing the internet (can even do screenshots of anything computer-related)
- Using social media
- Feeding the dog
- Kids bathtime
- In the car (just don’t take pictures while driving, okay?)
- Messy rooms (or clean ones if you have them- hehe)
- Your meals
- Picture of your phone showing the weather
- Cover of today’s newspaper
- Packaging (food, toy, etc- you’ll get a good kick out of how dated they’ll look years down the road)
- Electronics (they’ll look ancient to you one day; heck, may be ancient to you now!)
- Favorite books
- The alarm clock (wake up time!)
- Things you use a lot
- Mail piles
- Funny things your kids say (or you or your significant other says)
- Relationships (between your kids, you and kids, you and significant other, you and crazy people, you and sane people, I could go on and on)
- Thoughts and feelings about the day
- Notes about the process (each day, I plan to jot down a few things about the process of capturing daily life)
- The kids dancing after dinner (we do this almost nightly)
- Me on the computer
- Big Roo’s soccer game
If you want to see how I documented my life last year (and my notes of the process) check out my posts from last year (this links to the first day of the week).
On Monday, I’ll have some graphics for you to use for your daily posts (if you want them) and some more about ThisLife. See y’all next week!