Notice: Undefined index: plus_sharedcount_enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 670
Notice: Undefined index: bar_sharedcount_enabled in /home/melacul/public_html/adventuroo.com/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php on line 672
Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.
This Week’s Assignment:
One Way I’m Kind to Mother Earth
This week’s theme is in honor of Be Kind to Earth Day coming up on April 22.
Mother Earth is a powerful yet fragile lady. After being shocked by last week’s urban tumbleweed ball, which illustrates the 11,000 plastic bags we use in the U.S. EVERY SECOND, I’m proud that I use reusable bags when I shop. Like anyone else though I sometimes forget to take them to the store but I try to always keep at least one in the car for those instances (the rest sit in our garage so we can grab them on the way out).
A good friend of mine bought me my first bags about three or four years ago. At that time, I would get the stink eye every time I tried to use them. You’d think I was trying to sell my first born child to them. But they did get a good chuckle every now and again, especially the pink one.
Luckily for all of humanity using your own reusable bags has become pretty normal these days (in most parts of the country). That’s good because my stockpile got bigger.
Next earthy thing to do on my list is to start composting!
So, what are you doing to help Mother Earth? Link up and tweet your post out using the hashtag #bkinds2earth. If you want some other great ways you can be nice to your mama, check out B Kind 2 Earth Day’s Facebook page!
Next Week’s Assignment: Your kids’ favorite part of the house (closet? bedroom? in front of the tv?)
If you want to participate, just a few things to note:
– Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):
– Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?
– Just a picture and a caption are fine too.
– Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.
– Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.
– Leave a comment below (this notifies me through email that you linked up).