Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.
This Week’s Assignment:
We have a first floor master so our bedroom gets cluttered pretty quickly (that being said, I actually like having our bedroom downstairs even though I almost had buyer’s panic remorse at first). On my nightstand is…
– A lamp from Target we’ve had since we got married. The chain to it hits the base of the lamp every time you touch it and goes “ding ding ding.” Too bad I don’t win anything but being annoyed.
– An alarm clock that isn’t anything fancy but it wakes me up in the morning so who cares?
– Some diapers and wipes since Little Roo’s changing table is upstairs
– A couple of books that I pretend that I’m reading
– A notebook where I got down all the ideas I never have time to follow through with. I also mindmap blog posts in that notebook.
– A kids microphone that Big Roo loves to record funny noises with and play it back to himself.
– The top of a little jewelry box from Costa Rica. The rest of it is actually on my dresser.
Next Week’s Assignment: A close up of your kid’s favorite toy (More than one kid? Pick a toy or take lots of pics!)
If you want to participate, just a few things to note:
– Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):
– Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?
– Just a picture and a caption are fine too.
– Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.
– Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.
– Leave a comment below.
– Since this is a new meme, would you mind helping me spread the word? A tweet, a Facebook like, anything. Thanks- you rock!