Capture the Everyday: Books You’re Reading

Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.

This Week’s Assignment:

Books You’re Reading

Four or five years ago you couldn’t pay me to read a “business” book. But now? I love them. That is, when I read. I used to be SUCH a good reader. In fact, I believe reading makes you a better writer. But now books are few and way-too-far between. It’s a source of much fun-poking from my voracious book reader hubby.

We’re returning some of the kids’ library books on Friday though. I think this may be just the motivation I need to get some good ole FICTION (if you have any recommendations, please let me know)!

By the way, the top “book” is one of my many notebooks. It usually stays by my bed for those random but rock star ideas I get from time to time.

Next Week’s Assignment: Modern technology (computer, phone, fancy schmancy blender– whatever “modern technology” means to YOU)

Your turn!

If you want to participate, just a few things to note:

- Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):

- Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?

- Just a picture and a caption are fine too.

- Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.

- Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.

- Leave a comment below (this notifies me through email that you linked up).

Comments

I have so been trying to read ProBlogger, but my minds just goes astray when I try to read non-fiction. I need to work on that.
    If you’re looking for good fiction I really enjoyed The Help and just finished Her Fearful Symmetry which was written by the same woman who wrote The Time Traveler’s Wife (stunner of a book). I also love anything by Anne Tyler or John Irving. Pretty Little Dirty was fantastic, albeit quite risque and sad.
    Other than that, I am a big science fiction/fantasy dork so prob not much to offer there.
    Happy reading:)
    Joules recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday – Animation Sensations

I’m glad that I checked your prompt before totally not posting today (just wasn’t in the mood) because I really want to get back to what I’m reading. ;) I’m a book addict. I even have a tab on my blog with my reviews, some content, some just link. I’m mostly about fiction, too, but love a good non-fiction book now and then, as well. Great prompt. I just took a pic of the 4 books I’m reading and should link up before the day is over.
    Andrea recently posted..Kindergarten Buddy

This was incredibly motivating. Not only to take some pictures this week, but to actually get myself reading again.

That Problogger book looks great. Will definitely try to find that one at my library.

On the Fiction shelf that I would recommend is The Help (think someone else mentioned that). One of the best books I read this year. And a ‘quick’ read even for moms!
    Alexia recently posted..Books What are Those

So what do you think of the pro-blogger book? It looks intriguing….but is it about numbers? or really writing a good blog? or more?

I enjoy your blog because it’s authentic.
    Rachel recently posted..its time

I have totally slacked off in the reading department, too. And I agree, it DOES make you a better writer. I’m more of a non-fiction gal, myself. Currently reading 4 parenting books at the same time. I read UnMarketing – pretty entertaining for a biz book!
    Abby recently posted..Baby Advice &amp Book Giveaway

6. Cassandra Rojas says

I have the Problogger book. If you’re looking for good fiction I really enjoyed The Help and just finished Her Fearful Symmetry which was written by the same woman who wrote The Time Traveler’s Wife (stunner of a book). I just took a pic of the 4 books I’m reading and should link up before the day is over. This was incredibly motivating.