Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.
This Week’s Assignment:
Books You’re Reading
Four or five years ago you couldn’t pay me to read a “business” book. But now? I love them. That is, when I read. I used to be SUCH a good reader. In fact, I believe reading makes you a better writer. But now books are few and way-too-far between. It’s a source of much fun-poking from my voracious book reader hubby.
We’re returning some of the kids’ library books on Friday though. I think this may be just the motivation I need to get some good ole FICTION (if you have any recommendations, please let me know)!
By the way, the top “book” is one of my many notebooks. It usually stays by my bed for those random but rock star ideas I get from time to time.
Next Week’s Assignment: Modern technology (computer, phone, fancy schmancy blender– whatever “modern technology” means to YOU)
If you want to participate, just a few things to note:
- Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):
- Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?
- Just a picture and a caption are fine too.
- Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.
- Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.
- Leave a comment below (this notifies me through email that you linked up).