Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.
This Week’s Assignment: Something you can’t live without
My Crate & Barrel Melamine Bowls
Can I just tell you how much I heart these bowls?
Bright and cheery? Check. Practical? Check. Practically indestructible? Check.
They sit in our kitchen cabinet right above the plates we use daily. We grab them for everything- mixing pancake batter, tossing salad, marinating chicken. They have a grip on the side perfect for Big Roo to hold onto as he stirs a batch of something yummy. And a pour spout for drippy things like pancake batter.
We’ve had these bowls at least five years and they hardly look used.
I’m hoping they last at least five more.
Next Week’s Assignment: What’s on your nightstand
If you want to participate, just a few things to note:
- Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):
- Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?
- Just a picture and a caption are fine too.
- Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.
- Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.
- Leave a comment below.
- Since this is a new meme, would you mind helping me spread the word? A tweet, a Facebook like, anything. Thanks- you rock!