Capture the Everyday: Something you can’t live without

by melissa on February 24, 2011 · 18 comments

Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, I’ll issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.

This Week’s Assignment: Something you can’t live without

My Crate & Barrel Melamine Bowls

Can I just tell you how much I heart these bowls?

Bright and cheery? Check. Practical? Check. Practically indestructible? Check.

They sit in our kitchen cabinet right above the plates we use daily. We grab them for everything- mixing pancake batter, tossing salad, marinating chicken. They have a grip on the side perfect for Big Roo to hold onto as he stirs a batch of something yummy. And a pour spout for drippy things like pancake batter.

We’ve had these bowls at least five years and they hardly look used.

I’m hoping they last at least five more.

Next Week’s Assignment: What’s on your nightstand

Your turn!

If you want to participate, just a few things to note:

- Grab the badge (code is in column to the right):

- Feel free to write about what you captured. A funny story about it. A history on it. How you’ll remember it. What will you want to remember about that picture 20, 30, 40 years from now?

- Just a picture and a caption are fine too.

- Don’t worry if you “aren’t a good photographer.” Consider this practice. Plus, it’s about capturing the memory, not a pretty picture.

- Visit the blogger ahead of you and as many others as you have time for.

- Leave a comment below.

- Since this is a new meme, would you mind helping me spread the word? A tweet, a Facebook like, anything. Thanks- you rock!

1 Erin L. February 24, 2011 at 8:30 am

Congrats on the launch of this new project! I’m excited about next week’s theme…although I feel like I should tidy up my nightstand now (which would defeat the purpose right?)
Erin L. recently posted..Thursday Meme- Capture the Everyday

2 Christine February 24, 2011 at 8:45 am

I can tell this is going to be fun! Thanks for hosting. Can’t wait to take a peek at everyone’s must haves!
Christine recently posted..Chai Tea Latte- You Are My Best Friend

3 Kelly February 24, 2011 at 9:48 am

Love the idea of this & really looking forward to participating! I am a TOTAL newbie to all of this linking, etc, so hopefully I have done it right :)
Kelly recently posted..Capture the Everyday- Something You Cant Live Without

4 NainaDG February 24, 2011 at 10:08 am

Love this Meme- Thanks for hosting!

5 Fadra February 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I absolutely love this. I can’t wait to do it every week but I’ll probably be like today… look at the topic, think of something, and then take a quick snapshot. Love it!

6 JDaniel4's Mom February 24, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I have red bowl like these that I love too.
JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Glow Crazy Distance Doodler Review and Giveaway

7 Autumn February 24, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I LOVE this meme, and can’t wait to figure out something for next week’s assignment. I don’t have a nightstand (or even a bed) so this should be interesting!

8 Andrea February 24, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Love it, Mel. Great shot, and great summary! Looking forward to checking out everyone else’s posts!
Andrea recently posted..Mommy Confessions

9 liz February 24, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Nesting anything is fabulous in my book, and I love that they have a pour spout!
liz recently posted..Same Body- New Packaging

10 Amber February 24, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Do we have to post on Thursday or can we post whenever and link up on Thursday? I’m assuming you’re not that strict but want to meme correctly hehe. : )

Love the idea.
Amber recently posted..Telly Thursday- The Amazing Race

11 melissa February 24, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Sure, go for it! I plan to leave the linky up too under next Thursday. No stricty person here. :-)

12 Suz @ Suz's Treats February 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Love this idea! I gave my future sister-in-law those bowls for her birthday! Glad they good ones!

13 Anne February 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

A good set of mixing bowls is a definite requirement in my house, too! Thanks for hosting this new, fun meme.
Anne recently posted..The parents are on sale!

14 Melisa February 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I’ve always wondered about those bowls…but with such a rave review I may have to get some. We have glass bowls but I want Spencer to start helping in the kitchen and I think these would be perfect!

Thursday is usually my bump update post, but since baby girl will be here next Thursday, looks like I have found a great new Thursday post!

{ 4 trackbacks }